Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Heaven - originally written January 30th 2003...

...for you, my angel Grace - you inspire me.
love always, mommy.

I used to think heaven was 'up'
It's not up, it's everywhere.
Heaven is what you want it to be.
It's everywhere you want it to be.
Heaven is in my arms when I hold my child close.
Heaven is in my heart when I look at my loving spouse.
Heaven is all around when I see children playing in the park.
Heaven is a part of me when I can say I love who I am.
It's everywhere and nowhere, all at once.
It's like the fluttering of wings next to your ear as you sleep;
Or the peacefulness from a wonderful dream;
Or the wonderment of the world around when you see through your child's eyes.
It's as inexplicable as the word 'love'
But it is, always was, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment